In the backdrop of rising local and international demand for Islamic financial products and proactive measures by market participants — both domestic and foreign — to meet this demand, IFN is proud to be returning to Australia to host regulators, senior industry players and key stakeholders to explore and engage in construction discourse on Australia’s Islamic finance sector.
Paul Apolony, our General Manager for Australia and New Zealand together with industry experts shared insights about the Islamic Finance opportunity in Australia on this virtual panel discussion. Here are some of the discussion points:
- What is the potential size of the Islamic finance market in Australia today, and what products can realistically be offered in the country?
- Is there a market beyond home financing products and basic funds, and what is the likely growth of Shariah compliant financial services?
- What impact will digitalisation and technology have on the delivery of Islamic financial services in Australia, and what business activities are ripe for disruption?
- Dr. Andrew Dahdal, Associate Professor, Section Head, Law and Policy (Economic Diversification), Centre for Law & Development, Qatar University
- Paul Apolony, General Manager Australia & NZ, Mambu
- Dean Gillespie, Chief Executive Officer, IBA Group Pty Ltd
- Dr. Kerstin Steiner, Associate Professor, Committee Member, International Legal Studies Research Group (ILSRG)
- Dr. Maria Bhatti, Lecturer at Western Sydney University
- Naquib Mohammed, CEO & Founder, Marhaba DeFi
- Nashat Qadan, Director, Islamic Co-Operative Finance Australia Limited (ICFAL)
- Dr. Scott Levy, Chief Executive Officer, Bedford Row Capital
Keen to learn more? Book a meeting with our team now.